Your Family Is Unique

Shouldn’t The Solutions Be Unique Too?

We specialise in giving legal help and advice.

Divorce, domestic violence and abuse, custody, separation and maintenance

Child Care Proceedings

Where children come first

Child Care specialists expertise and empathy

As family law specialists in Northamptonshire and beyond, we’re uniquely placed to help with child care cases.  We have years of experience in this delicate and complex field.  But people come to us for far more than just our experience.  They also value our empathetic approach.  We understand the emotional pain of being separated from one’s children.  We also understand the importance of putting the child’s best interests at the heart of everything we do.

When do Child Care proceedings happen?

When a Local Authority believes that a child is at risk, they have a duty to step in.  This could be for several reasons, such as -

·         The parents fail to stick to a Child Protection Plan.

·         A Police Protection Order - the police remove a child from the parents' care. They can hold the child for up to 72 hours.

·         An Emergency Protection Order - This can take place without consulting the parents and usually lasts for eight days while the authorities make further investigations.

·         A voluntary agreement - parents and Social Services agree to allow Social Services to place a child with alternative carers. This is known as Section 20 accommodation.

These events can be difficult and traumatic for you and for your child.

Find out about how we help in cases of Children’s Care proceedings

Ring us on 01327 358321

We can help.


Child Care proceedings
There are several possible Orders that the Court can impose, e.g. -

  • Care Order - your child stays in the care of the local authority until they’re 18, unless the Order ends before then.
  • Local Authority Supervision Order - your child remains in your care, supervised by Children Services, usually for at 12 months.
  • Child Arrangements Order - your child lives with another person, such as a family member or friend for the duration of the Order.
  • Special Guardianship Order - your child lives with another person such as a family member or friend on a more permanent basis.
  • Placement Order - Children Services place your child for adoption, even without your agreement.


Care Orders for children - doing what’s best for the child. Get in touch today. We’re here to help
towcester family law